Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Tips for maximizing 93 Civic VX

I am looking for some tips on how to get the best combination of power and MPGs out of my 93 VX, with MPGs being far more important. Best tires for 13 inch rim, intake options, exhaust, simple aero mods. Anything bolt on / bolt off that can get the most out of this engine (d15z1). It's a 5 speed, power nothing, no a/c. Thanks.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I haven't seen a better designed intake then the stock and getting an exhaust from the dealer seems to give the best mileage plus they give you a life time warranty on it for as long as you own the car, besides it's not much more then the auto part store exhaust.
14" civic HX rims or first Gen Honda Insight rims with 165/65R14 low rolling resistance tires should give you better mileage then the very limited selection of 165/70R13 tires that are out there, at least that is on my list of things to get soon.
Rear brake drums from a Honda Insight also fit, saving you a few pounds per side, not drastic but little things add up!
Changing the 30 year old transmission oil will help a little as well as helping it shift smoother and the transmission last longer, Owners manual calls for 10W30 motor oil, I like 0W30 in both the engine and transmission, questions on that should be helped by using the search function at the top left of the page.
As for anything that you can bolt on or remove that will give an easy increase, I don't think there is anything like that, non of the tuner parts for racing really help and they are all designed for larger engines or engines that rev up higher.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Olive Drab - '94 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 52.54 mpg (US)
If you want fuel mileage, get a real time fuel mileage display such as a MPGuino and learn to drive for leanburn.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
5spd, aero, civic, hatch, intake