Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
The one I posted is good, no?
Indeed. I'm just not sure if it stays open as long as the button is pushed or what. Nothing in the description says for sure, the devil in the details here could be bad.

Ideally it would be open as long as the button is pushed. Not so ideal would be a short duration open that would close before the engine stopped and the engine would still run. Orrrrrr the thing would open when pushed and you'd need to push it again to close the circuit and allow your car to start your again. The push off/push on wouldn't be too bad, but it would add another step to the process that could be a distraction, and would be another point of failure if it decides to act up on you leading to a bigger distraction at best, and a failure to restart at a very inopportune time at worst.

Anyway, I'm sure it is a open as long as pushed thing otherwise a lot of people would be quite unhappy with it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Indeed. I'm just not sure if it stays open as long as the button is pushed or what. Nothing in the description says for sure, the devil in the details here could be bad.

Ideally it would be open as long as the button is pushed. Not so ideal would be a short duration open that would close before the engine stopped and the engine would still run. Orrrrrr the thing would open when pushed and you'd need to push it again to close the circuit and allow your car to start your again. The push off/push on wouldn't be too bad, but it would add another step to the process that could be a distraction, and would be another point of failure if it decides to act up on you leading to a bigger distraction at best, and a failure to restart at a very inopportune time at worst.

Anyway, I'm sure it is a open as long as pushed thing otherwise a lot of people would be quite unhappy with it.
Yea, imagine if the battery in it died right when you killed the engine, and you were unable to restart. That would really suck tbh. I'll send them a message and see what they say.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

If you want a remote controlled switch the obvious place to look is at car alarms/security devices. They'd be almost if not actually free at a junkyard I think. If not, try a used car yard. The aftermarket alarms are so unreliable (actually the installations) that it can be standard procedure to remove them from all the cars they stock. (Or an opportunity to sell another one as part of the deal.)
Old 01-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
I would just use a simple button on the shifter. Easy, fast, safe, reliable, cheap, proven to work! One day I'm also going to wire a starter button on the shifter too . no more messing with the key at all.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
I would just use a simple button on the shifter. Easy, fast, safe, reliable, cheap, proven to work! One day I'm also going to wire a starter button on the shifter too . no more messing with the key at all.
It's funny because, it's really not that hard to wire it in either.

Reply  Post New Thread