Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #61 (permalink)
Hypermiler

PaleCivic (retired) - '96 Honda Civic DX Sedan
90 day: 69.2 mpg (US)

PaleFit - '09 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 44.06 mpg (US)
I agree. There is more to life than just saving money. Some areas are worth cutting back, some are not.

I'm happily married 6 years now, with 2 kids. Best part of my life, those three. If you are both committed to the relationship, it can last. But it's not going to be an easy journey. It will take work, compromise and sometimes sacrifice. Most of the great things in life are like that - they take work.

Ways to save:
- grow your own vegetables.
- turn in cans for recycling
- programmable thermostat
- trees on the west side of the house - less solar heat to AC away
- shade over the AC unit itself
- combine trips / stop at stores on the way home

11-mile commute: 100 mpg - - - Tank: 90.2 mpg / 1191 miles

Last edited by PaleMelanesian; 05-23-2008 at 11:50 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdrouille View Post
The article was very interesting, but seriously, the not having kids part is pretty stupid.
I completely agree. If you peruse the site, you'll see he has a newbown...

Logic doesn't always rule emotion, fortunately.

- LostCause
Old 05-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Have kids if you want them, but realize as a man, they'll belong to you only for as long as their mother allows. The law allows her to rip them from you overnight. This is only one of many ways that the law gives her the leverage to use your own kids as pawns against you. If you're okay with this fact, and the possibility that you may one day have to shoulder all the parental responsibilities without having any parental priveleges, then go ahead.

I still haven't decided whether I want children or not. I surely don't want to have them in this country with an American woman. A man who has gone overseas (besides AU/UK) will know what I mean. That's right fellas, they don't all behave like this.

Whether or not you want to have kids in the US, one fact remains: Getting married as an American male, is one of the most foolish things you could ever do.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #64 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGrey View Post
Have kids if you want them, but realize as a man, they'll belong to you only for as long as their mother allows. The law allows her to rip them from you overnight. This is only one of many ways that the law gives her the leverage to use your own kids as pawns against you. If you're okay with this fact, and the possibility that you may one day have to shoulder all the parental responsibilities without having any parental priveleges, then go ahead.

I still haven't decided whether I want children or not. I surely don't want to have them in this country with an American woman. A man who has gone overseas (besides AU/UK) will know what I mean. That's right fellas, they don't all behave like this.

Whether or not you want to have kids in the US, one fact remains: Getting married as an American male, is one of the most foolish things you could ever do.
this is one of the best things that can be said about an american marriage...my friend has been saying this for years about marriage...he even said that if i want to get married i should go to another country to find a wife...
Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
You gotta know where to look.