Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Update for December 10

Further testing has been done with the bolted joint.

About 350 foot-lbs of torque for the joint, the video is here if you are interested

Demo Nov 24, Bolted Joint Testing V4 - YouTube

The next test version (after some discussion with the group) will replace the flat plate used as a large washer with an 'L' shaped angle iron. This should reinforce the side wall that failed in this test.

I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow, Dec 11, for the half-scale model of the WikisPEED SGT01. This will be an accurate half-scale model as closely as I can manage.

The thread will start tomorrow since I had ordered the aluminum tubes cut to length from a local dock-building shop (boat docks). They work almost exclusively in aluminum and they can supply cut aluminum pieces for less than I can purchase the aluminum tube for retail. The aluminum is sold in 20 foot lengths, and I do not need to purchase an entire length!

Anyway, I ordered the tube and will bring it home tomorrow. So that's when the thread will begin.

The frame should go together fairly quickly - I will be using the untested upgrades described above. The strength should exceed the 350 foot-lbs that I tested in the video.

After the car frame is complete, I will plan modifications that are required to make the car frame into a truck ... and Weston's truck will continue.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Link to scale model thread

Just a link to the Scale Model thread - thought I'd done that already

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post402838

Reply  Post New Thread