Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
My intake temps fluctuate pretty quickly... If I'm moving with a mostly closed throttle, IAT goes up. If I open the throttle and allow the rpms to climb, IAT goes down. If I'm coming from a stopped idle up to speed, my intake temp can drop 15+ degrees while accelerating and then climb back up a little bit when I steady off my speed.

I'm fairly confident it's just a function of mass flow, heat soak and the intake source. At least in my case

Quote:
I also don't notice any sound increase without it. I'll report any significant FE changes as well.
Unless you've got flappers in there to change the intake length -- that resonator is optimized for one specific frequency. Likely the loudest one... You probably won't notice it until the right conditions - or you'll pass it so quickly it won't be very noticeable...

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread