Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 11:26 PM   #101 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

practical - '13 Scion FR-S
90 day: 34.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ever_green View Post
Yeah the new stratified charge lean burn Hondas might help, but the new Prius can get pretty good mileage on highway without lean burn. Therefore I personally don't see the point.
Well, lean burn is better than cooled EGR like I mentioned for attaining complete combustion. Of course, the biggest problem is getting rid of the NOx, and the current NOx traps are not a good solution.

Since you've experimented with this, do you mind sharing your fueling tables? I'm thinking about getting a BRZ and I'm super excited to fiddle with the ECU (that is, lean burn!). Just to get an idea of how lean you can go at what speed.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #102 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Suby - '09 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
90 day: 31.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Well, lean burn is better than cooled EGR like I mentioned for attaining complete combustion. Of course, the biggest problem is getting rid of the NOx, and the current NOx traps are not a good solution.

Since you've experimented with this, do you mind sharing your fueling tables? I'm thinking about getting a BRZ and I'm super excited to fiddle with the ECU (that is, lean burn!). Just to get an idea of how lean you can go at what speed.
Standard Subaru ecu does not allow you to go leaner than 14.68 Afr or lambda 1.0 in closed loop. What you have to do is induce a fulltime open loop behavior and then have the Maf sensor underestimate airflow by reduce Maf scaling. This is a lot of work as it requires you to reduce the engine load scale across the board in ecu or else it will think there is less cylinder pressure than actually is and run too much timing (this is just one example). Also on the BRZ I highly doubt this is feasible. The direct injection and firing angle tables are extremely confusing and I wouldn't dare tinker with it.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #103 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford XLT Naked - '14 Ford F-150 XLT
90 day: 15.04 mpg (US)

Ford G-4 with Stinger - '14 Ford F-150 4X4 Super Crew XLT
90 day: 19.8 mpg (US)

Ford Stealth G-4 - '14 Ford F-150 4X4 Super Crew XLT
90 day: 17.46 mpg (US)

XLT Towing Keystone 5th wheel trailer - '14 Ford Keystone 5th Wheel XLT
90 day: 9.78 mpg (US)

Trip 2015 C Max Energi - '15 Ford C Max Energi SWP
90 day: 44.45 mpg (US)

Local 120 volt 2015 C-Max Energi - '15 Ford C-Max Energy SEL
90 day: 55.65 mpg (US)

Local 240 volt 2015 C-Max Energi - '15 Ford C Max Energi SLE
90 day: 59.04 mpg (US)
I owned a Honda VX for a while (traded it in because it did not have an AC) and the damn thing worked as advertised. We got 55 mpg routinely and sometimes more. Car drove and ran like a sports car if you got on it.

Reply  Post New Thread