Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManuel View Post
I am new to this forum but I hope understanding more on the views from American customers since here in China this company is showing a different picture.
A Zap dealer in my town sued Zap so it was in the Wired article. Now that dealer does not want to talk about Zap or have anything to do with sales of Zap vehicles. That was like a domino effect- Zap, then Lido, then GEM, then Zenn, then Miles: all failed one after another. I sure hope these return! Only the Th!ink is starting up I think in another state.

An assembly plant near here was planning to assemble Triacs from China. As soon as the business shifted away from small EVs that plan vanished. Zaps sold in about 2003 when that lawsuit happened did not last 7 years. Triacs never even started. Makes me wonder!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Jordan View Post
An assembly plant near here was planning to assemble Triacs from China. As soon as the business shifted away from small EVs that plan vanished. Zaps sold in about 2003 when that lawsuit happened did not last 7 years. Triacs never even started. Makes me wonder!
Oops. Right after I wrote that I saw this article. We shall see what we shall see.........
Triac, an electric car made in Salinas, getting ready to hit the streets - San Jose Mercury News
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Man that's depressing. Just imagine what could be done with a few million dollars of investment. How can you even spend $2,000,000 dollars and not have anything to show for it. You can't even be angry about something like that. It's more amazing than anything else. Are they intentionally setting the money on fire?

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 11-30-2010 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: too much bragging
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Out of my mind, back in 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Man that's depressing. Just imagine what could be done with a few million dollars of investment. Heck, I made a bms (with suggestions from Fran), charger (with wikipedia's help), 3 phase control board, scr power supply for underwater subs, and am 90% of the way done with the hardware on a series plug-in hybrid for $600 per month while working for Tinitron. How can you even spend $2,000,000 dollars and not have anything to show for it. You can't even be angry about something like that. It's more amazing than anything else. Are they intentionally setting the money on fire?
One word... Beancounters... You get them involved and you get half as much for your money as you thought... Less than that if you give them a big enough budget...
Old 11-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
How can you even spend $2,000,000 dollars and not have anything to show for it?
I have no idea. Maybe the Aptera builders could give us a hint.

Reply  Post New Thread