1998 Toyota Tercel
1.5L 5E-FE, 5 speed manual.
- Front and rear mud flaps removed (Aero, it looks like they would hinder airflow)
- Upper grille block
- Passenger side mirror broken off and replaces w/ ducktape :)
- MPGuino installed
MPGuino Setup Info
- ECU is under the glove box, simply open up, push in on the sides, and it will swing down so you can access wires
- The VSS signal wire is the yellow wire on the smaller connector. (see diagram below, thats what i used to identify it, although that is from a 1993 tercel ecu)
- As for the injectors, you can tap into them in the engine bay, however i chose to do them at the ecu. By using a volt meter to check i had the same wires at the ECU as i did in the engine bay, i found that the wires you need are colored red, yellow, blue, and green....you only need to use one of them; i chose the green one..