View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Sealed Batt Needs Water Added?

Yep, you read it right...

On the '06 TSX this hot evening, we made a stop while I waited in the car for my Wife to run into the store. Instead of leaving the engine running, I used the recirc and fan from the stored A/C charge and shut down the engine.

5 minutes or so later -- flat battery. The indicator eye was cloudy which designates "Charge Required". We got a jump and headed home.

Here's the best part: we made the short drive home and the eye is now red -- "Distilled Water Required". There are little X's where it looks like you add water, but there's a big sticker covering most of the top that says "sealed battery" except for small holes in the sticker for the X's

So apparently it isn't? I'm confused. It's the stock Panasonic "Maintenance Free Battery" with about 3-4 years / 48,000 miles on it.

So now it requires maintenance or replacement. Is it worth peeling the sticker away to see if it's possible, and add distilled water? Since it's my Wife's ride, I'd hate to screw it up and have her stuck somewhere -- or burn up the alternator.

RH77

_
_