View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Yes, Americans buy big cars but not because it's good for them but because they are manipulated into it by misleading emotional advertising.
The American consumer really is a gullible stupid slob isn't she?

Quote:
The higher quality of imports? It's legendary. It's not just consumer reports that will tell you this. It's the consumer, friends, family
Is this the same gullible stupid slob noted above? I don't put much credence in what they have to say, as they evidently don't think things through.

Quote:
By the way, in the list of all time top sellers, the vast majority of cars have been compact and relatively fuel efficient.
That's a global list; I think we are only focussing on the North American market in this thread. I think the N.A. list would look very different.

Quote:
Consumer reports is far more reliable a source of product information than any advertising based media. On what grounds do you call it crap?
I've had personally good experiences with what C.R. rated poorly, and poor experiences with what they rated highly, once too often.

Quote:
JD Power and Associates will tell you the same: The big three are mostly the pits for dependability. I'm not making this up.
Did you look at that list? Buick is pretty much tied for the 1st place, equal to Toyota and a bit ahead of Honda. Mercury is far ahead of BMW and Mercedes. VW = crap.