View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
watahyahknow
EcoModding Lurker

its an astra F station believe it was a 92

i had a couple of them a 1,9 tdi station with the izusu engine a 1.6 station on propane wish i later converted in a astra gsi

(put the 2.0 16 valve in it the rear diskbrakes the abs system and tractioncontroll and the boardcomputer )

a 1.8 eco station G3 propane (thats cheaper in roadtax cause its even more enviromentalfriendly) and now a 1.4 i realy realy like this model i still like roundness of the interiour and the outside shape of the station i've loaded up to 850 kilos in the back before the car bottomed out ,the station version is kindah heavy as is but it might lend itself for a electric conversion since theres lotsah room for batteries in the back while still keeping the rearseat , the gearbox in buletproof (i never been able to break one ) i do need to make some support under the electric motor cause the engine gearbox combo rest on three points as a unit
i agree with the awesome strength of the car , i drove one frontaly against a tree and hit a truck in the rear with another , in the rear offcourse those where the ones i payed more then 2000 euro for , the ones i payed 500/600 euro for just kept running without problems