View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #212 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Gentleman,

I hope our events have inspired some of you to possibly want to put together an event of your own in the future. If you think about it, it really isn't that much work. Especially once the route is established. To create a new route one needs to coordinate a course that doesn't have huge elevation changes, has very little traffic on Sunday morning, has shoulders so we can pull over and let the faster traffic pass on the fly [if we choose to], has a multi-island fuel station [we hog one island for about 30 minutes refilling all of the vehicles after the event] and said station has to have a large lot to fit an extra 20 cars into while staging the start. But all in all, these events are not that much work for the [in our case] 3 guys putting it on once the course is set. Its a fun challenge and a great day out with your car.

I would love to see two or three more events like ours in the northeast each year. Heck, I'd be up for a winter event if there was one being offered, but of course the numbers would be low. Break out the extention cords and block heaters!

I am starting to plan a fall event today. I will start from scratch with an all new route. I have some racing dates planned for most weekends in October so I am tentatively planning for a November 1st date. What I would like to know from you all here is:

1. Are you interested in another event this fall?

2. Do you think November 1st is too late in the year?

3. I'm not sure how available Dave Burnham and Mark Long will be to help me run a fall event. Is there anyone here that would help me out with officiating the event [recording fill amounts and topping off tanks after the event]?

Mike