View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Did you ABS-weld it, or just add FG, or is the whole thing FG/CF?
Took an OEM bumper and filled with Great Stuff foam, shaped foam, then fiberglass jelly'ed for a hard surface, sanded and shaped the jelly and then Bondo'ed for a smooth finish.

All in all I will plastic weld my next one I do this winter. It will end up being less work and better results. There is a touch of separation on this bumper already.

I made this bumper for use in winter here in MN. I like the results so much though that I will be doing something similar with my summer bumper.

The inlet is on the side because that is where the radiator sits in my Civic. The factory block off is still intact next to the radiator as well so I just made the opening over there, similar to how my summer bumper is setup but you can't see the opening on my summer bumper. I have a grill insert that hides the Coroplast grill block.

I had thought about closing up the whole front since I'll be using it for winter, but after it snows a little, the opening will get packed up with snow anyways, lol.

And Ben, don't be jealous, we can do something like that for your CRX bumper too once you get done with your swap.