View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgd73 View Post
i learned of the cleanup day after it went by. in maine, the locale is thrashed all summer.

I like the tent idea, My little sube wagon fits me from head to toe, I am nearly 6 feet. the tent would make it a wilderness mini mansion.

my last trip camping in fact was in my sube, I know my locale well and had a favorite spot. I pulled in one day to find a mansion for real... looks like my spot was found by some money. it is a pro argument for cleaning up after ourselves, space runs out fast.
NPLD is usually the last Saturday of September. Something to keep in mind. But even so, I try to pick up what I can on every outing. One of our groups hauled away the remains of a single wide mobile home left in the desert, and someone blew it up...

Essentially, do what you can where you can.

My Jeep isn't quite long enough for me, I'm 6'3", but I sacrificed a little to keep my bride warm. The SUV type tent will serve well when I don't want to or can't take my tent trailer. But it isn't exactly a cold weather tent, like a Springbar or others. But hey, I got the tent new-in-box for $20... I think it would be perfect for a Sube Outback. How come these things NEVER go back in the bag they come in?

The Mastiff was a real sweetheart this trip. Played well with the other dogs and stayed close. She is about 34" at the shoulder and about 205#...