View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
thedarave
EcoModding Lurker

Phoenix - '96 Geo Metro LSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
Hello and welcome to the site. Is that LSi equipped with an automatic or manual trans?
Auto. I know, I know. The Domestic Car snob at work has already been up on my case about not having a manual. For the amount I paid for it, and for the work that went into it before I got it, (Read: Branded title, everything in front of the firewall.) I'm not going to complain about something I can deal with myself with a quick trip through Craig's List, eBay, or most expensive case... a rebuild.

I'm still processing a good amount of the information on this site. The BlackFly has raised an eyebrow in the tests that have been run on it so far. Once I get instrumentation installed I am going to start baselining and modding. Nothing too exotic, looking to remove the battery and replace with a 500F 16V ultracap at first.

I read something in here about possibly installing an electric water pump. I have a question about that. Wouldn't the electric pump be less efficient? You would be doing two or three energy conversions and losing part of the energy to heat generation at each conversion. What is the thought process behind the swap?