View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Your complaints. It makes my little my sister seem manlier. just kidding.

I am in maine, we got ice snow and 60 degree south winds at the same time. Keeping the car from popping like a failing tin can (yes even an 87 subaru) has been my mig welded outrageous goal.

As far as extremes and the rest of america..it is easily prophecied.

I keep an eye on oils, new stuff. crazy dynamics is a must have defended in the oil. (I spotted castrol edge recently for example- synthetic is still a bit of a exxagerated falsity).

Struts lose memory in cold snaps, even high end brands...although..high end is still a better choice.

tires? go for extremely high treadwear rating, they grumble, thump and pretend out of balance sometimes..but all prevails again...

windshield wipers. they all suck. no matter what. I used to work on 707 airplanes...now there is some wipers I'd like to have...

keep waters out and vent with a trickle open...never shut the car completely. most trunk going sedans need not worry, hatchbacks however...

exhaust systems. holy cow. oem is a nightmare...

steel in general. it is fender guage in fancy shapes doing big work, successful in death valley and australia...everywhere else however...

and lastl, but not least..Fuel Injection Sucks.