View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
The Atomic Ass
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
How does the 'Burg do?
Not so much anymore. I reached a peak of 81.5, restricting my speeds to 40-45 indicated, (10% optimistic is the consensus), which after modifying my weights for quicker gear changes and higher ratios in the transmission that equated to 4K. The lack of a manual clutch hindered coast down.

That engine is nice, though. LOTS of low down torque. The numbers I most often hear, as I've not had it dyno'd nor have I seen an actual chart, put the HP peak at 5.5K, and it lays down around 30 at the crank. The engine is tuned for torque, and torque it makes a'plenty.

This engine really has more to offer than the Burgman chassis and transmission has to handle, I wish I could transplant it into the Ninja frame. It could stand to be geared for 4K at 60mph in top gear, were it not connected to so lossy a transmission. I think, doing the same duty as the Ninja is currently, I could see 90mpg.

Anyway, wheel bearings, and an engine main bearing that looks bad but still goes for some reason has me side-lining the Burgman for right now. Hence why it hasn't been filled up in 2 months.

On the other hand, check out my latest tank in the Ninja, you'll really like.