View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
north wind and ecomod

Pondering contrast of several thoughts lately. One was computing, and realizing, I do not need to upgrade, after a certain chipset came out in 2004...

that is great news. The first in history to possibly go for a decade or more, and not sit there like a 386 multiplying single digit numbers ...

The other is of course the automobile and rigs.

There is a certain wind that starts in late november, sometimes earlier. It gets everything, indoors and out. It can make a brick building creak and moan...it can pop a mosfet off a mobo, it can do alot of things to what marketing deems strong.

I quickly remember, as if the wind slammed my brain...

no thoughts on aero. No thoughts on intricate sensors, dangling duct tapes, inferior wheels, tires, exhaust and even safe-lite replacement glass.... I ponder 1/8th inch thick urethane where it matters...

I ponder 2 gallons extra, each and every start for all fuel injected automobiles. Big goofy pulsing gas drop dangling slops buzzing away to whatever crystal is on the motherboard....and even that can't warm up ...

Ever heat a diesel fuel tank ...with diesel fuel burning underneath it? Those days are gone, unless a wilderness trucker, and even then, enough battery gets to an invertor....

Something to think about, the next time you get in a very non-american cultured 12 inch wheeled 3 cylinder vehicle....and call it economical..

I have found a champion, in just about everything...and it is not marketed.

A few gallons each and every cold start from here to may or june....

I'd rather yell at an old carbed sube in the cold..."warm up you stubborn bi**ch!".. and know, I saved enough for coffee and munchkins and dunkin donuts.

I mention this, because it is getting worse. When is the dainty gonna leave ...
solid states please. Solid as Gods weathers.