View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
jkp1187
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Lots cheaper than a Ferrari, same ballpark as upper-end Porsche. Of course you could argue that those are ridiculously expensive too, but people do buy enough of them to keep their companies in business and making profits.
The so-called "Chrysler TC by Maserati" was far less expensive than other vehicles made by Maserati. But because it was little more than a gussied-up K car, that did not mean that its $33,000 MSRP (in 1989 dollars - probably more like $60,000 now,) made it a bargain since other Maseratis cost a lot more.

People aren't buying enough of the Tesla to keep that company in business. That's the point. Musk is the one running it, and so far, he's not doing that well.

I don't understand why everyone feels the need to defend Tesla. It's a neat concept, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a badly-run company.

And I don't see any justification for throwing our tax dollars at a failing company that makes luxury products for the rich. Anyone who thinks it's a great investment is welcome to purchase my 'share' of that investment; I accept PayPal.