View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
CRWsound
EcoModding Lurker

Sound designer, skeleton manufacturer, EV admirer

Howdy, I'm Chris,

I was going to put this in "What's your background?" but it seemed too verbose, so I'm just putting it in the general intro stream.

I'm a sound designer, mostly for live theatre. What's that mean? If you go to see "Hamlet" on Broadway, I'm the guy that makes the sound effects and music for the show. Mostly I work on plays, but I've also done music for Intel and Starbucks.

I've worked on cargo ships in the Gulf of Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico.

I managed a small used book store.

I was the lead programmer on a DARPA funded health-chair project at Harvard for a couple years. In my off time from making music.

What I do for fun now is make audio-animatronic skeleton shows every Halloween for...well, I was going to say for the neighborhood, but since we've been written up in the Seattle Times and been on NPR, about 2000 - 3000 people come per year to see our little show. If you want to check it out, we have videos up at skeletontheatre dot com.

On the back burner but close, very close, is making an EV with one of my more car-centric friends. Just as soon as I finish making my CNC machine (it's about half done).

Chris