View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
sevenspeed
EcoModding Lurker

Are they rust free still? Didn't think there would be that much of a difference. There is a 96 with under 100k on it and its rusted enough that the rear bumper isn't connected by the wheels anymore, don't know what the underneath is like.
I still think I'll get newer like 96 or higher since it's easier to modify the tuning I think and less mileage. And easier to get parts. Here an 02 goes for half of what a brand new one costs.
I'm not against buying one in another state but other then ebay wouldn't know how to find one since craigslist is limited in it's search capabilities. Also would be a long trip if it turns out it had too many problems. Some people don't know any better and have good intentions. Looked at a Suzuki Sidekick once that they said ran great with 200,000 miles on it but when I went to check it out the oil was like pitch black and gritty so something was going on but he didn't know, had just gotten it recently and was nice but made me leary of buying something I can't inspect first like ebay cars.