Thread: Newb w/ a Miata
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
AntiochOG
EcoModding Apprentice

Cinco The Miata - '90 Mazda Miata
Team Mazda
Sports Cars
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Oscar Wilde - '02 Honda Metropolitan
Motorcycle
90 day: 94.9 mpg (US)
1990 Mazda Miata

Hi, I'm new to the site, although I could have sworn I was a member here a few years ago. I drive 1990 Miata. The car has a hardtop, a rollbar that I built with a friend, and a factory R package lip. I've changed out all the fluids to synthetics. Otherwise the car is stock. I do have a carbon fiber randall cowl intake I plan on installing soon.

Generally I don't drive the car very conservatively because it is just such a fun car to drive hard. But for the last three tanks I've tried to hypermile as best as I could. I've been averaging 32.4 mpg since then. I still need to put some more air in my tires. I aired down to 28psi last time I was at the track and haven't put more air back in since.

I'd like to do some mods that can increase my economy and performance if that's possible. I assume most mods that fit in both categories will be aero related. If you have a Miata and have had any success with this let me know.

I was going to post some pictures but my post count isn't high enough so those will have to wait.

Last edited by AntiochOG; 06-01-2013 at 02:23 PM..