View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Arturasz
EcoModding Lurker

Audi - '97 Audi A6 1.9 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
I read about your ecodriving rallys in your other thread, where you remarked that the car has to be stock, with no modifications. Do the rules allow grille (radiator) blocks or pumping tires to a higher pressure? Folding the passenger side mirror can still be regarded as "stock" while slightly improving

-Yes it shoulb be stock. While there is not seen any visual improvements it is ok. No one blocks grill, tyres are checked to met standart manufacturer specs. I don't believe that mirror delete (it is smaller than drivers sida) will improve consumption while car is so big and heavy

frontal area. Also, is there a judge in the car with you during the drive to make sure you don't break laws? If not, there are a few techniques you could try (eg coasting in neutral, or even EO(ff)C) which may not be strictly illegal, but which the judges wouldn't allow.

- No, judges don't see. So usage of EOC is quite good technique in long downhill distances

LED daytime running lights would also slightly help by reducing your electrical load by ~150-200W. In Lithuania you are required to drive with your lights on 24h/365, correct?
yes we need to run them constantly, but I don't know how you calculated 200W ;] Now I'm using in front 0.1W*2 LED + 20W*2 Xenons. For taillights and stop bought also LED bulbs, but taillights don't work, only brakes. And good DRL cost vey very much ...

Does your TDI have an intercooler? Adding one would lower your intake air temperatures, which should increase efficiency.

- Yes ofcourse it has factory one.

When will you enter the Lupo in your EM garage?

- I like spritmonitor.de much more ;]