View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
fairdinkumfrankies
EcoModding Lurker

Yaris - '10 Toyota Yaris
90 day: 42.39 mpg (US)

Fiesta - '11 Ford Fiesta SE
I did mean make and model. The idea is to list proven mods for specific models and the data showing the results. I see a lot of back and forth on this working or that not. Some of this is settled and could help those without the skill, time, or background to move on some of this. I might be asking a lot because I know that there is a lot of work being done by a few. This just might be a chance to see the fruit blossom in other fields.

I read and asked questions last year and managed to be able to keep with I-495 morning traffic at 70mph and average 43-45mpg in a 1994 Prizm 5-speed. That was this forum's efforts and knowledge that yielded those gains. I even managed 48mpg once in those conditions.

I am studying what was done with Metros and hope to adopt some of the tactics and mods to work in my new commute. I specifically sought out a 99' Metro after reading the posts. I ditched a 1999 Town and Country for the 3cyl just last week. The questionable mods I am setting aside and will start learning the Metro's quirks and let you all know how much I have been able to adopt and make work in my environment.

Hope this makes sense and that I am not offending anyone