View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
When I was a kid in the 60s we drove around town on the "circuit" Averaging 19 mph but going as fast as we could between stop lights.

The cars all had a lope in the idle, either from a cam or from mal adjusted stock carbs. Gas was about 4 gallons per dollar so who cared about fuel economy.

Now that India and China are burning fuel faster than we could ever imagine, price of fuel is out of sight, over 3 bux for one gallon.

I haven't driven my big vans for a while and am driving my vw diesel jetta. Still hoping that I can afford an older turag v10 diesel before I retire.

I hate what this country has become. We've become dependent on chinese loans and have politicians that can not spend their tax dollar incomes fast enough. I read that the leader of Illinois gave his executives a 23% increase in pay and now wants a 66% in income tax. I am tired of bending over for insertion of another injection of tax. Glad that I am a citizen of Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
...isn't it "funny" that HUMOR and RUMOR have so MUCH in common?

...what do they have in common you ask?

...Answer: a 'grain-of-truth'

...and, what red-blooded American teenager ain't gonna love the built-in 'protection' of that dash-mounted condom dispenser!

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787

Last edited by Varn; 01-14-2011 at 10:43 AM..