View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
utemarksman
EcoModding Lurker

ベカちゃん - '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited
SUV
Subaru
90 day: 23.21 mpg (US)

DonQui - '00 Ford Mustang Base V6
Team Mustang
Team Ford
90 day: 32.56 mpg (US)

CRLY - '98 BMW 740 iL
Team BMW
90 day: 20.81 mpg (US)
I like the styling of the B9, but I also liked the styling of my 1970 VW Beetle.

The roof rails came off the day after I brought it home from the dealer. They now adorn the wall of my garage in the unlikely event that I need them. (I'll use a small trailer before adding the racks back.)

The grill block went in the day that I started this thread. The shape of the grill actually facilitated the install. I only blocked the center area of the grill since the "wings" only have about 3 inches that are actually open. My next project will be to block the useless openings next to the fog lamps. These do not introduce air to the raidiator and are, therefore, useless.

Aside from that Subaru didn't do bad job of making the vehicle aerodynamic. It came with a stock belly pan under the engine that is half decent. Unfortunately the panel to access the oil filter has been lost and there are a few holes where the previous owner scraped on the parking lot bumpers. Ah, but thats just an excuse to make a BETTER custom belly pan!

Cheers, and thanks for the welcome!