View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
benfroggg
EcoModding Lurker

Did you buy yours from the factory?
Have you done all the work on it yourself since the beginning?

The part that I removed that has innards has the P07 part number in the middle of the number. That is what tells me it is stock. Now mine is 93', and I have not owned it since new. It is possible somebody put this in, I suppose, but I'm convinced that because it has the original part number that it is original.

When I first pulled it out, it had failed open. It was so crudded up that I didn't realize it had a check valve in it. It flowed some air through it, but not a whole lot. I cleaned it with carb cleaner and shook it for some time. Once all the crap was dislodged, it worked again. (just as all other PCV valves have on all cars of mine before this one)

My theory is this:
VX's seem to have a pcv in either the lower straight valve location or in the upper elbow version. In fact, even aftermarket stores sell both for your car. On the majestichonda parts diagram, (still can't post links) they list the "pcv" as the elbow part but they don't carry a listing for the other "pcv" straight valve.
So, if there were two style valves available in different models, and the dealer gave you the straight empty valve (thinking you had the PCV elbow valve), you'd have two open "valves."

I really wish I could post links/photos so I could show you this discussion/photos of the part.

I'm aware that aftermarket auto parts stores will sell you pcv valves with innards. I'm also aware that the dealer will sell you a "gutless" elbow or straight piece. My problem is, this part has the P07 part number in it. As far as I'm aware, that part number is only found on VX's.

Did you by any chance keep the old hose/straight piece when you took it apart?
B