View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #82 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
One of my favorite finds was an atomic clock... cleaned it up, replaced the batteries, and voila! I had me a nice full-featured clock... not only that, but one of my neighbors must have one too, as the outside temp feature works on it but I never got the transmitter that went with it! My theory on why in the world someone would throw out a perfectly good clock? They were too stupid to realize that yes, even "atomic" clocks run on batteries...
I almost threw mine away. Replaced the batteries on the temperature transmitter, and it refused to work, even after following the directions on the back of the unit to resync them. Right before I gave up, I found the instructions on the Intarwebs and got it working again. (Not atomic, though.)

Quote:
Tons of lawn equipment and bicycles get tossed for equally ignorant reasons... not that I mind, really. Keeps me busy.
I hauled a lot of useful-but-needing-fixing items to the dump during my recent move. Of course, our transfer station has an outbuilding where they salvage those items to resell at yard sale prices, so I made sure that anything useful got sent over there.