View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spencedaddy
EcoModding Lurker

More information (real info) on S10 EV cover

guys, i've been lurking, searching, and asking questions....but does ANYBODY have REAL solid, numbers, sketches, windtunnel tests, things like that on this..

i'm driving a 93 Lightning, so we all know its not exactly fuel efficient...and with my access to carbon fiber production facilites and a machine shop i would like to possibly take up the production of one of these and see how much it helps me along with a possible under belly pan and lower front lip (looks don't hurt either )

so does anybody have any physical data on these covers?
i've got a visual representation here of CD with truck covers, and i'm getting conflicting info...some people are saying that the half cover is MORE effective than a full cover, this specific visual, as you can see, is contradicting that statement..this is the only info i have

KB,we got into this a while back and I thought I posted on it,don't remember.
GM did receive a utility patent on the 1/2-tonneau,and within the patent they provide a metric of delta-Cd vs tonneau percentage coverage from 0-100%.
The 1/2-tonneau does demonstrate the lowest drag for their test truck.
A Gale Banks modified S-15 set an LSR of 211 mph at Bonneville,using the 1/2-tonneau along with some other tricks,sporting a CD 0.31,lower than Corvette of that time period

i've also seen that a diffuser on the cab helps, i'm not interested...its a good looking performance truck, and that just does not do it for me

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user322_pic143_1215139223.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	8626  

Last edited by Spencedaddy; 06-05-2011 at 12:12 AM..