View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #391 (permalink)
harlequin2
EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBecker View Post
Some of the code that I'm known for is Linux networking -- I wrote essentially all of the network device drivers until about 2000. You aren't calibrated to feedback if you think thought anything there was a harsh comment. A real review would be much harsher. The early Linux mailing lists would leave you shaking in the corner.

And to put it in perspective, 100x more people will read this comment than will read the source code. I'm guessing that exactly three people have read the code to this point.

I've been working on a bms ("Low cost BMS") and its pretty much done, but I'd like to incorporate my "master control unit" functionality into Freyguy's LCD. He has room enough in unused memory, I think, and if I don't use the CAN port I may have pins for a s/w UART.
My stuff is all in C and while I could combine it with Chris's assembly language, it would be neater and tidier to do the whole thing in C. If you have converted the original stuff, can you tell me where I can download it from? You may have put that info on here before and if you have my apologies, but I haven't searched through the whole thread. Lazy b----er!