View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
BHarvey
Master EcoModder

Sweetie - '11 Hyundai Sonata GLS
90 day: 39.35 mpg (US)

My Miles - '03 Combo GLS/KLX/Ninja
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)

Sipper' - '04 Kawasaki Ninja 250
90 day: 74.98 mpg (US)
The covers continued to 'tick' or 'click' even after the rubber strips.
Took them off and cut a little off the diameter to try and keep them from contacting the lip of the rim, as I had them tight for a close fit. They still made all kinds of noise.

So I took them off again and made two more screw holes and then drilled/tapped the wheels for the extra holes. Four screws now but have yet to go for a test drive since I don't like not getting the car to full operating temp.

The skirts turned out more like 3/4 skirts which should be sufficient, but it had to be this way since I attached L brackets to the existing screws and did not want to drill additional holes in the bodywork.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but this stuff can kick your butt if you are only prepared to spend a day doing them. This is day three and more is to be done to 'finish' the job.

Have not started on the lower block yet as the other two have taken more time than I thought.