View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
the trick with the wildfire is its complete. IE I don't have to really "DO" anything to it.

I don't mind a project if its complete. minus the battery I can life with. because I can piecemeal a battery pack. put asside the money each month for each cell etc..

but I can' piecemeal the purchase of a car. IE I am freaking broke :-) its why I am looking for someone to trade something I have that they want :-) hehe its all I have in "capital"

eventually I will get one I just want one NOW but don't want a mistake and based on what I am reading on the WF120V I am thinking the WF120V-2T would be a mistake as you guys seem to indicate.

SKEC007 that looks EXACTLY like it.!!

AND it supports what I suspected. its 1000 pounds sans battery pack!! that is extremely encouraging. if its drive train can move that thing at 50mph then it should be able to move a METRO at 50mph too!! (same size tires too actually the metro tires are skinnier)

I think I would be better off trying to buy the DRIVETRAIN from one of those and installing it in a Metro carcass.

I bet I could get a stripped metro down around 1200 pounds. Maybe lighter if I REALLY go crazy. strip the rear completely etc.. ALL of the engine bay mass would go away except transmission (what 300 pounds??)

it MIGHT be possible to get pretty close to 1000 pounds not too far off what this car weighs without battery.

I sent an e-mail about getting just motor and controller. if they can sell the cars wholesale for around $3k that has got to make the motor and controller pretty darned cheap relatively speaking. Fingers crossed.

man some of those cars they only require min purchase of 2 some ONE but no prices at all. not even a clue as to the prices.

$1000 I could probably swing. I can probably get that for my minivan :-)

will keep looking.

has their been any improvement (price wise) in electric motors and controllers the last few years? when I last checked you were looking at about $2k for each.