View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ed-in-Maine
EcoModding Lurker

Iceberg - '02 Ford F250 XLT
Pickups
90 day: 18.3 mpg (US)

Tool - '08 Toyota Matrix XR
Team Toyota
90 day: 43.15 mpg (US)
skyking- Yep I'm seeing that all diesel tucks are not the same but heck a big old 4x4 Aero would be pretty cool I think my goal will be 25 on highway at 60mph. I did order a Scanguage to get real-time data. I've been doing tank mileage calcs for decades but never had real-time. That gauge will be worth the cost just for the fun factor

slowmover- After more searching it seems there is one group who think putting the tire to max sidewall pressure is "over inflating", then a group who seems to actually be exceeding the sidewall pressure and others s let the confusion reign. But I don't think I'll exceed sidewall pressure, I figure the engineer who came up with that number knows a whole lifetimes worth more about tires than I do.

I'll probably slap a set of the LRR tires on next time around but my Kelly's with giant lugs are anything but LRR.

Using a scale is very cool. I used to set static corner weight like that, but for the truck I've only used the IR Pyrometer. When towing, and when not but I really try not to drive the truck unless it's loaded, at every leg stretch or potty break I walk around the truck and check hub temps then tire tread temps -inner-middle-outter on both truck and trailer. Takes just a minute.

My boat is the old 26S which is much more sailboat less motorboat and it weights a bit less.

Since we're visiting for the month in Annapolis MD with limited tools now my first aero mod is going to be a simple airdam.

I tried to upload a pic but it's not letting me. The current factory air dam is about 15" off the ground.
Ed