View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
GRU
Master EcoModder

silver bullet - '00 Honda Civic
90 day: 34.41 mpg (US)
Welcome.

I'm guessing it has auto trans? It's kind of hard to make big savings with an auto trans, i adjusted my driving style by coasing to stops without puting it in neutral because my cars transmision almost does that by itself (goes into neutral) when i let off the gas.

If you spend lot's of time on the highway then aero mods will help you a lot. Do a complete grill block and look into a "boattail" that will help you alot more.
If you do mostly city driving then don't waste time on aero mods, unless you have time and money, but try to remove unnecessary weight from your truck. Also use the energy of your vehicle when needing to stop. Example: if i'm driving and i need to stop soon for a light of a stop sign i will let off the gas way before most drivers will. So when you let off the gas your truck will coast without using much fuel and my ideal coast is when i aproach the stop sign to be going about 15mph before i need to hit the breaks. If you are hitting the breaks at 30 mph you are wasting the energy you had.
Avoid idling at all times and don't speed. Your truck get's the best fuel mileage probably around 45mph so find the shortest route that has the speed limit around 45-55mph. If you're driving 70mph on the freeway you are getting much worse mpg