View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
$500 Civic VX in Minneapolis MN.

This is not my car, but I did go look at it.

93 Honda Civic Hatchback VX!

I drove it and it drove great other then not having the center exhaust pipe at all so it is loud, rear tires are in great shape front tires are bald, the car was hit on the drivers side at the very front corner of the car so it pushed the steel bumper core over a few inches, ruined the hood and the bumper cover is missing.
It was backed in to a tree branch and busted out the rear window, small dent in the rear tail gate but the rear otherwise looks fine.
There is some rust starting on the rear wheel wells but not bad, the rocker panels have rust, the jack points all look good.
engine has 337,000 miles on it but runs great, new o2 sensor, everything is pretty clean, oil looked good, with 3 of us in the car the engine felt strong, shifted nice, shifter has a new socket so it's tight, as part of that new socket it is a short throw shifter so the knob is a bit lower then normal but not crazy.
Everything is pretty much stock! VX wheels, inside is ok other then some paint and marker drawings that should wash out, radio is missing and the drivers seat has the normal bolster wear with foam showing.

I looked at it with the idea of buying it, fixing the sheet metal that was bent, painting it and reselling it, I think it would be possible to fix the front end but not to make much of a profit reselling it once you put new tires and exhaust on it, but if you planed to keep it for your self then you would have new tires and exhaust and most cars need that stuff at some point anyway.