View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #83 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
So is everyone agreed that nobody wants drive a Volt or ride a bike 190 miles in one day?
No. The Volt is a remarkable car, and I'm really glad it's being built. It is just at too high a price point for me, but clearly it is selling again, since it is in production again and is exceeding its sales targets. Those who want it enough to pay its price may never buy another gallon of gasoline again if they drive it with enough intelligence and for the right commuter application.

GM is finally on a better research and development path. Rescuing the company was politically right, economically necessary, and profitable for its investors, its employees, and the US public (which got a return on investment in the rescue).

Anyone who doesn't want a Tesla Roadster can buy something else to get a fast and "sexy" car and probably pay less than $120,000; that does not make the roadster a bad car; it just makes it what you buy if it is what you want.

Wow, this thread got seriously and completely off topic! From what I can see, this is not "the lounge" part of the forum.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 04-20-2012 at 10:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Grant-53 (04-21-2012)