View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
SCNTN
EcoModding Lurker

SC1 - '02 Saturn SC1
Team Saturn
90 day: 41.8 mpg (US)

DaGnoma - '02 GMC Sonoma SL
Pickups
90 day: 25.03 mpg (US)
Angry EOC attempt FAIL. GM owners help?

I just picked up some lunch and was on the way back to the office. The highway on the route back has a big ol' hill, so at the top of the hill at 60mph I put the truck in neutral and killed the engine by turning back the key. After the engine died, I turned the key back to ON so that the steering wheel wouldn't lock. After my delightful coast, I popped the clutch in 5th gear to restart the engine...

At this point, the truck's computer went totally ape sh#t. Every light on the dash came on and blinked for about five seconds and the Security light kept flashing. I tried to crank the engine but nothing. This while I'm still coasting around 65mph of course. I had to pull the truck over, no PS or PB, let it sit for about five minutes and then it started just fine.

Have any other GM owners out there experienced this? Not sure if it's something specific to the dime trucks or just the manual transmission. Googling has this far found no results related to the security light flashing while restarting the engine at speed...