View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
All the way on green (traffic lights) = 52.1 mpg

I've set quite a few goals for myself, and acheived many of them, but one goal had always eluded me until today--to travel my entire commute without having to stop for any red lights. Tonight I made it home (24 miles) through all 18 red lights on green! This resulted in a new evening commute record for me of 52.1 mpg, breaking my previous record of 49.0 mpg. After over 15 months of trying, I finally did it!

I'd always thought that I'd do this on my morning commute--the traffic patters are laid out better. Several times I've made it all the way to the last red light before work until getting caught by it. Typically, I don't stand a chance of getting perfect lights on my evening commute, becuase there are a lot of light fairly close together right as I leave work and there's usually fairly heavy traffic as everybody's leaving work. Today, I got to work late because of a doctor's appointment, so I stayed until after 6 pm to make up for the lost time. Leaving when I did, the traffic was light enough to allow me quite a bit more freedom than normal. That, and some luck, and I finally made it!

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html

Last edited by Diesel_Dave; 07-24-2012 at 09:55 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel_Dave For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-04-2012)