View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
caliboundranger
EcoModding Lurker

Power Ranger - '97 Ford Ranger 4x2
: D

I have never thought of it like that. I'm usually in for the most power and speed with just about everything I have owned. I do know through those experiences I always tried to achieve the thinnest throttle blade and shaft as possible for higher flow numbers. I was always interested in max flow at WOT and not how it acts under light load/partial acceleration. I see now how that can effect it. I see that with a HAI your engine will have less power. Therefore to make the same power to go the same speed, you have to open the throttle more, thereby decreasing plumbing losses. take and give like everything else I assume. As far as that is concerned I'm sticking with the stock intake that routes into the fender well. I'm afraid this tired thing will have trouble climbing hills. rather be safe than sorry.

Tomorrow I will finish under the hood and start installing my new hitch and fabricating the carrier basket. I picked up the hitch and all the steel tubing I will need throughout today. Just have to safe a few more bucks to get the aluminum sheeting to bring it all together. Tomorrow I'll start posting some fabrication pics and hopefully get some other people interested and commenting on this thread as well : )