View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
sikbrik
EcoModding Lurker

Acadia - '12 GMC Acadia SLT FWD
90 day: 16.45 mpg (US)
Working with ARD in Portland, OR to provide an 'eco' tune for my ECM, along with a few other engine efficiency mods. The tune should effectively lean out the AFR just enough to make an economy difference without melting my engine. I may push this further later down the road once I get my aquamist water injection setup completely. Going to run just the new tuning for a while with everything else the same to get some baseline comparison of its effectiveness. Then the aero and other mods will proceed.

FWIW, the Torque app and my onboard trip computer seemed to agree that I averaged between 30.3 and 30.7 mpg on a pure highway trip this weekend. 250+ miles at 65mpg, just under 2300rpm, cruise control all the way, no boost to speak of. Should probably get a real scangauge one of these days. We'll see how my tank averages out with the trip computer and the app to see how accurate that 30mpg actually was. I was pleased, though, even if it's off by 2mpg since my only 'mods' were tire pressure and using Cruise Control and I couldn't break 27 mpg before.

Last edited by sikbrik; 10-01-2012 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Adding