View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
zapato
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '09 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 33.15 mpg (US)
Arrow Hello from Sunny VA

Hey all, been lurking for about a week since I got my civic. I'm planning on putting on a lexan (top) grill block, coroplast (or something) bottom grill block and mooncaps, but waiting on $.

I'm also considering putting in some LED Daytime Running Lights, but I have to look into legality and what the current DRL setup is.

It's an '09 bought with 16k miles, so my wife won't let me do anything fun like a boattail or skirts.

First tank got me ~29 MPG (U.S.) with standard crazy driving, and I started hypermiling in the last 30% or so of my 2nd tank and managed 36.7 (404 miles!), which is a hair over my EPA HWY. My current commute is 70% secondary toll highway (55 mph with one booth) and 30% outer suburbia. Looking forward to what tank #3 gets me.

My reachable goal is 45MPG, which gets me under $100 and is also equal to the HCH's EPA Highway rating and better than double what my old Mountaineer gets (although that's before adjusting the nut behind the wheel).

I also have a stretch goal - 60MPG. Not a whole lot of reason here, just feels like a good number to aim for.

I'll make sure I get some "Before" pics up before I start putting the neckbolts on!

Thanks for all the info you guys have put up so far, I'll definitely be stealing some DIY ideas...