View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
star_deceiver
EcoModding Apprentice

KLR650 - '10 Kawasaki KLR650

6.4 - '19 Ram 3500

All Black - '19 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Rain-x is a silicone based product that causes the water to bead really easily so you can drive without using wipers. If you live in a place that receives LOTS of rain year round, this is a very good product.

BUT: If you live someplace where it rains infrequently, has dirty and grimy roads, lots of bugs, or winter, I'd avoid using it.

I used to use it years back in the early 2000's but stopped. Using the wipers with rainx applied causes a momentary haze as the wiper passes. Bugs and their splatter caused this to worsen. Road grime and winter sand and salt cause it to become useless. All of this combined causes the haze to worsen and linger longer. I gave up on Rain-X years ago and have no desire to test it again.

However, if you live in Vancouver, BC or Seattle or the Oregon coast or some other place that sees much precipitation and no winter, then you should give Rain-X a try!

Just my observation with the product!

The Following User Says Thank You to star_deceiver For This Useful Post:
wmjinman (12-03-2012)