View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
RealZ28
EcoModding Lurker

Dark Avenue - '99 Buick Park Avenue ULTRA
90 day: 20.04 mpg (US)

Purple Paycheck Eater - '95 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible

Harley - '08 Harley Davidson Dyna Lowrider 105th Anniversary

Geezer - '01 Suzuki GZ250

"The Puch" - '76 Puch MAXI

All Terrain - '14 GMC Sierra All Terrain SLT

Gone Green - '15 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT 2.4L AWD
90 day: 20.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
How'd you clear it?

If you've read some of the other intro threads, you'll see one of the most common first bits of advice is to get MPG instrumentation. A ScanGauge or equivalent can also read/clear codes as well as provide the instant/resettable trip MPG readings to help you adjust the nut behind the wheel.
I have a scan tool to read and clear codes.

I'm actually already researching real-time monitors (one of the reasons I'm at this forum). I just haven't had a ton of time lately. I work 2 jobs and every spare minute has been spent fixing up this little truck...almost dropped the driveshaft Monday night for example. 1/2 of one leg on the rear universal joint was gone...LOL. This S10 has some rather large vibration dampeners on the driveline that apparently work. I knew I had a bad joint but had no idea it was THAT bad...LOL.

But yes, a monitor is on the list. Leaning towards a ScanGauge II but still researching. I'm also looking for a tuner with a monitor but since this truck is several years discontinued I doubt that will happen unless I build something custom.