View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
blownintegra
EcoModding Lurker

Green Machine - '92 Geo Metro XF i
Last 3: 42.66 mpg (US)

Black Ball - '99 Ford Contour SE V6 Auto

Red Baron - '96 Honda Civic HX
Kill Whitey!

The 10% that aren't A-holes are the truck drivers that post on this site!

Sorry, I should have put emotioncon things in the body so you all would know there was some general spouting off...

There is a psychological connection between height, power, and status, and that was the driving force behind them.

Now for "registration fees", I'm all for that. The "key" to this is that you "pay to play" I don't get penalized for someone else's stupidity or wasteful ways. I'm not telling you what to drive.

Trucks have their place. And you can rent one for $19 from you local Lowe's or Home Depot stores.

I think we should have a graduated school property tax and put more of the burden on the families that don't think before they breed...but I digress.

Burn more gas, tear up more road, hide the scenery on the open highways so I can see that 15 inch by 15 inch (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc) logo stuck on that 4 x 8 steel of steel called a tailgate, I'm all for that. That would force drivers to "drive" something practical based upon the miles driven. Not just on size, but basically "carbon tax" but base it upon miles driven.

I like muscle cars. If I drive on 1000 miles a year, but keep it in my garage, the impact is small, and thus the registration is lower.

Now if I drive my 3/4 ton, 4x4 swamper tired, lift kit, sounds like a big rig diesel, that gets 14, that I drive like a Corvette for 20,000 a year, (average in DFW) you should be paying more than I in my Contour, Integra, CRX, or Metro. Especially since most of the miles are in the Metro.

Why should I be penalized for driving something small and unsafe? That should be the question posed to the truck posers (the small wiener kind) . Why "force" me to drive something I don't want because "they" might be an arrogant, selfish, piece of horse excrement?

And if you truly pose that question to them, you know what you will get?

They don't give a $hit. They'll have some stupid redneck "fi-lo-so-fee" about why they'll beat the snot out of you in a fight if you take away their truck or kill you in an accident cause you drive a "jap pees of $hit".

Thus getting back to my original point of the whole status and reverse Darwinian evolutionary theory.

On top of this, DFW has some of the worst air in the nation. Why?

Very simple 60-70% of the people commute in Trucks. Now, even with the current EPA laws, a truck that gets 15 mpg will belch out 3 times the emissions of my Metro!

Yes, all that BS about clean air is tossed out the window if you burn 3X the stuff?

Ethanol? What an F'n joke? Add 10%, charge the same amount for the fuel, lose 10-15% in mileage and have to buy 10-15% more????

Where's the clean air if I still have to burn the same amount of "gas" to go the same distance? Now I just pumped Ethanol and Gas in the air. What a freakin' racket!!!

Ethanol was probably a ploy by the Bush/Chaney Oil Elite to just charge more money to go the same distance!!!!

Pay to Play baby, Pay to Play... Keep the accountability where it belongs!

FYI, this is an off topic thing, so I'm just trying to make it more interesting than quoting things like a news article. Sorry if you were offended.

PS you can fit 30 bags of Cypress wood chip 3cu/ft bags in a 1992 Geo Metro. Who'd a thunk it?

Last edited by blownintegra; 06-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: werds mucked up