View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Well I went to take it to the auction today to get rid of it. I hoped someone there would buy it to fix it, but in the back of my mind I knew that it would get sold to the scrap metal guy and get crushed. I have to rescue these little eco cars normally at the auction, and that's when they are in good running order. But a Tercel with a dead cylinder? I could see the vultures circling it as I drove it towards the auction. I pulled into the driveway where they book in cars for the auction. And I couldn't do it! I jammed it in reverse and flew back out onto the road (well as fast as you can go with 75% of the engine working lol), and took it back to the storage area I keep my stash in. I think I will have to name it the Island of Misfit Eco-cars, but I hate the idea of a perfectly repairable, low mile, rust free car going to waste. I don't know if I'll ever get around to trying to fix it myself, but at least I'll be able to sleep tonight without visions of the little thing getting crushed for no good reason ha ha