View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman600 View Post
I invite the educated to chime in, as I am only going by what my nose is telling me.
Well I don't know if I qualify as educated, but I will tell you my opinion. I have a 2001 Prius, I think they are a neat idea. Yes, a lot of people probably think that if they want to make a difference then that's all they have to do - buy one. I have had diesels as well. With the intent of going biodiesel. Mainly because I liked the idea of not having to rely on a gas station for my fuel supply. But the reality is, man I don't have the time to scrounge up WVO etc, and at the end of the day if I am not fully committed to sourcing that fuel, filtering it, etc, then for my application it's useless. Sure there are lots of Prius posers out there, but I would rather them be Prius posers than Escalade posers. I drink PBR. Hipsters drink PBR. I hate hipsters, but that won't stop me from liking PBR. I think the same rule applies to the Prius. If it is an easy way for people to drive something easy on fuel and the environment, then I can deal with ignoring some of the smug clods that drive them. They do what they were designed to do, who cares who is behind the wheel?