View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Saskwatchian
EcoModding Apprentice

Eric's Explorer - '01 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4
90 day: 19.05 mpg (US)

E's V - '07 Nissan Versa SL
90 day: 33.11 mpg (US)
Well my weekend was a P&G fail.

I did fill up before going and with approximately 1/3 of the tank being P&G and 2/3 being regular driving I got a tank average of 7.50 l/100km, compared to my running average of 7.48 l/100km. Not exactly a promising start.

I started off the trip with some P&G like intended until I got out of my regular area and into some uncharted territory. I ended up on some really twisty unsealed mountain roads, not really the kind of thing you want to tackle with compromised steering and my brakes would have been baked without engine braking.

I might have failed to do my P&Ging like planned but I did have a fabulous long weekend swimming in creeks, unicycling on tracks, driving mountain roads and relaxing by a campfire with malty adult beverages.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tires are at 35 PSI, any more and they are way too bouncy with my blown shocks. Dave, I will look at doing a kill switch similar to yours, then use it for the commute to/from work. It's not going to be very fancy as I will only have the car another few weeks then it's being sold for scrap metal/parts.

I think this method of driving will be more suited to the straiter roads and shallower hills of Sask once the snow melts there. The experience opened my eyes to the possibility anyway.