View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
These electric scooters were quite popular in my hometown for a while, but now it's getting hard to find them back here.
Electric scoots were everywhere in China last year, and must be more common now, since the law that mandated them was expanding to all new scoots and small motorbikes, IIRC. That was a good move. I remember 10 years ago that the scoots were some of the biggest air quality polluters. But now China has so many cars, the air is worse, anyway.

BTW, something like only 10% of Chinese licensed drivers have had their license for more than 3 years.

And traffic in Beijing was no better than LA. At times, I felt like I WAS in LA.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.