View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Chevy S10 Door replacement - HELP!

Has anyone replaced doors on an S10 (or Blazer?) with the power everything option? Advice wanted!.....

My old S10 died, and I found a replacement locally for a deal. The downside is the body is shot! It's ugly and full of rust.

I pulled the bed off the old truck and put it on the new one. (The new truck's bed had giant holes in it!)

The other issue is that the new one is an extended cab, and the old one was a standard cab.

Over time, the door pins wear out, so I need to replace it, but the doors on the old truck are in better condition than the new ones, BUT on the new truck, they are power locks and power windows. I pulled back the rubber cover to see the wires that connect the door to the truck. It's a bunch of wires in there and I don't see a quick disconnect for the harness.

The extended cab also has the third door, which is rusted/broken mostly closed, but not fully latched, so the driver's door never closes as well as it should.

Has anyone replaced doors on an S10 (or Blazer?) with the power everything option? Advice wanted!

Once I get the door off, I also want to weigh it and compare the power window to manual crank version. I'm hoping to save a few pounds and have nicer looking doors when done.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos