View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

love the support tjts1 but that is to be expected I suppose.

I mean 1 liter performance is well quite honestly a very big number in the fuel economy world. Most people think 100mpg is a big number out of reach and here I am talking about 282 mpg. Whether you believe it or not this figure has been achieved and documented more times than I can count well maybe not quite that much LOL, but it has been done enough to know it is very real and possible. The problem is how its been achieved has not been detailed in depth and that is something I would like to do with this thread. In doing so my hope is to come up with a road map for anyone who would like to try and achieve 1 Liter fuel economy in the real world driving environment.

A valid argument many people have with vehicles that have achieved 1 Liter level of performance is that they are tested in controlled environments under very specific conditions that would not be realistic in the real world. This argument is well taken and received I mean who would want or be able to drive around at 15mph on average!

Although much can be learned from the eco marathon cars such as the ones that compete in the Shell races. This thread is more geared for real world solutions for real world cars at real world speeds.

So is 1 liter performance possible with real world cars at real world speeds?

The answer is yes and I will prove it here in this thread

GH